Monday 24 June 2013

if you are leaving- a poem

IF YOU  ARE LEAVING
If you are leaving
Make haste and close the door behind  you
Let not your shadow unnecessarily hover
Do what you must and accord me peace
For if you are leaving
You should do so quickly

And lest you mistake me
Feel like I lay in wait for this day
Hearken to what I have to say,
“I let you go, not that I love  you not,
Rather on the  contrary…I really do.”

Insanely, I may  detain you
Heavy shackles clasp on ankles
My tears may wet your feet each dawn
Wiping dry the dew!!!!
Your awe striking beauty
May greet me every morning
But all I know is vain
Mortally I feel I have fallen out of favour

Conceal not your face
I crave for the emeralds in your eyes,
The sparkling balls that sparked my joy
And ignited flames of aspirations
Oh! Embers of life’s dreams

Pout not your lips,
As though you have chewed red pepper
That luscious curve… allow me to see
And the teeth-clear white enamel
All brilliance that held my life together
When hope waned

If you are leaving,
Please do say that
Before I nurse false expectations
Or  kill me with suspicions.
Just close the door behind you
Don’t wave good bye
Don’t hesitate
For I may cling on you

If you are leaving,
Embrace me not
Oh that familiar bosom
No goodbye kiss
For I may not let you
But forget me not
If you are leaving!

2 comments: