Monday 7 November 2016

AMY'S DAY PART 2. POSTED TODAY

AMY’S DAY PART 2
The days that followed Amy’s burial passed in a daze. I was numb; I was empty and totally lifeless. In the days preceding her demise and subsequent burial, I had (and so was she) a vivacious ball of energy.  We had enjoyed the days to the fullest in the wild abandon of campus insanity. I was Amy and she was Sally. We were a unit bound together by passion and the fascination of self-discovery.
After the burial ceremony, my college mates supported me back to the shuttle we had hired. I have little memories left of the events of the  sombre afternoon that we buried Amy. Tears still well in my eyes and I lose my senses whenever I remember the horrific sound of the clods of soil landing on Amy’s coffin. Each scoop and a thud of soil tugged at and tore a chunk of my heart from my very bosom as they covered the love of my life in that grave
Rediscovering life after your love departs from the core of your heart is not easy. Even the least of things spark memories of what you have lost. It may range from a distant whiff of perfume or a far of echo of laughter. The departed is always there to remind you unconsciously and incessantly of a time that was. I would be mechanically walking from the lecture hall and then, ahead, far much ahead I would spot Amy’s wonderful bum.  As I had I had gotten used to, I would quickly fish my phone from my folder and speed to speed dialing to dial as we had always done. I would be at the brink of dialing when the contact photo of Amy saved in my contacts list electrocuted me back to my senses. The photo would remind me that she was gone and my unbelieving mind was still playing tricks on me. Loosing Amy to the grim reaper goes beyond any words that I can conceptualize
**
Drowning in incomprehensible sorrow, I was ready for anything that fate would place along my way as I stumbled along in life. The gnawing emptiness in my heart was wrenching every bit of life from my very soul. To say that I was a disaster is an understatement. I was very certain that, my heart lay under the very mould of earth that Amy’s body lay.  It is in this state of mental and emotional emptiness that I broke into the disaster I was.
In that state which I very much despise, I tried to dress the wounds of my ache in new adventures. Remember that I am ample sally. I was and I still am blessed in places that both men and women like.  In desperation to cover the hurt of losing Amy, I let go. Every day would be a party day. I would land in a pub wearing a fake smile, my ample body and the hurt of losing Amy hugging me tightly around my neck. The men folk who constituted the core number of revelers in the clubs would stare in awe. I would visit the same haunts that Amy and I had painted red in better days, get drunk and still go home with a load of self-loathing bound on by drunk back.
The intoxicated men fell over themselves as they competed to lay their grimy figures on the jewel they had dreamt of for eons. Now that Amy was not present, my bar table would flood in a flashflood of toxic drinks each encapsulating every individual buyer’s craving and state in life. The raw sexuality my body radiated held them captive and broke their senses. From a distance my body ignited flames that I could not quench. If only they could read the distant look I bore in my eyes. The look of a broken lover who had lost the best thing that had ever happened to her. The empty look of Sally. Sally of the ample bosom and hips, Sally who missed Amy; her friend, her love. That empty gaze!
Once in a while, a hot girl would pass by my table. The fire I me would ignite but in a fleeting second fizzle out like a candle little in the wind. My eyes would still wander seeking for the shapely girls but as soon as my heart warmed a little bit, Amy would blow out the flame. I missed Amy.

To be continued




No comments:

Post a Comment