Monday 21 February 2022

LET’S PRAY

 

LET’S PRAY

Dear God,

Please heed to my prayer,

Hurry to my rescue,

My mother’s love, my father,

Is a hyena that eats its own

Then claims they smell like goats.

 

Dear God,

The wolf my mother loves,

My behind, it spanked,

Startled, petrified, hurt, I started,

‘Daddy why?’

Menacingly, the wolf growled back

‘This skirt, this skirt is too tight,

Under my roof wear it never again!’

 

Dear God,

The pig that my mother feeds,

Shamelessly, my shy breasts touched,

I cringed and wept, hurt,

‘Papa why?’

It snorted,

‘My daughter, take care of yourself,

Let not boys and men touch there.’

 

 

 

Dear God,

The snake that my mother keeps,

In the dead of the night,

Into my bed slithered,

Pressed my lips shut and hissed

‘A single word, and you are dead.’

Then dug in its fangs

Injecting life-giving venom.

 

Dear God,

Heaven knows I told mama,

My daddy is a hyena that bites,

My papa is a wolf that growls,

My father is a pig that snorts,

My papa is a snake that hisses.

Irked, seething in fury,

She slapped me,

Heaven knows she smacked me,

‘Useless  girl, never tell such lies again.’

She commanded.

 

Dear God,

I’m but a puppy, hear my whimper.

Now in the family way, the bun in the oven,

My child, yet my sibling,

My father, its grandpa yet its father,

Dear God,

Why?

Why God?

Why dear god?

Why did it have to be this way?

Amen .

 

©S. K. KYENZE

15/10/2021

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment