Thursday 19 July 2018

MY HEART BEATS FOR YOU

It is a roller coaster,
A surging tide of emotions
I thought we could surf through
That was when our hearts were young and jolly
Oh I remember our jolly smiles

Chorus: baby baby, my arms were yours
Feel my heartbeat, my heart beats for you
Baby baby, you are my all, my heaven, my sweets

Then came the echo of your good bye,
It hurt like a lead bullet, hurt, hurt,hurt,
Your fading love is all I am left with
I grab but get get only thin air between my fingers
There is nothing to hold but for...

But for old memories,
But for nostalgia,
But for times that once were.

Remember the butterflies that flew over our heads
Remember the smile
Oh remember the laughter when I tickled you
As you walk away remember those moments.

Heart broken,
I look back and wonder,
I can't tell what went wrong,
All I know is that I am empty
An empty shell that is all I am

Sometimes memories flitter by,
Its a flap of wings,
Sometimes its a rustle of dry leaves
Some mornings it's the chirping of birds
Some evenings it's the crickets
You are always there, u are my very breath

(Sometimes I like playing with words.)

No comments:

Post a Comment