Thursday 19 July 2018

This love I feel

I can hear your soft breathing,
You look so peaceful in your sleep,
I would have woken you up but-
I know you are tired to the bone

I would have pulled back the duvet,
Would have woken you up with a kiss
Would have drawn the curtains
And smiled at you.

If you had not looked this peaceful in you sleep,
I would have woken you up,
With your head on my shoulder we would have gazed at the full moon.

Tonight
With every mutual breath,
We would have gazed at the stars,
We would have found our star,
But tonight,
For I love you, and you love me back in your sleep,
I shall rest on my elbow and gaze at you,
We already found our moon, you are that star,
The star I plucked from the sky
And your breathing- is the westerly breeze that whispers:
We are in love

No comments:

Post a Comment