Thursday 19 July 2018

The hurt

Is that hurt I see in your eyes?
Why the long face?
Is that fear you wear on your face?
Come, come and sit next to me,
Let's sit and take a breath.

Your hunched shoulders tell a story,
Your crossed arms scream silent fear,
Your bowed head,
Tells of past hurt.

Scoot over,
Don't utter a word,
I feel your past hurt,
It has been a rough road,
You gave your heart and it was trashed,
You loved and were betrayed.

Scoot over my friend,
This is our bench,
Forget the past,
Open a new page,
Dream afresh,
Dare to let go.

This might be it,
You and I,
Wondering souls, this might be our love's harbour,
We might just anchor on love's island.

On the sands ashore life's Oceans,
Write the story of your heart break this dawn,
The tides at dawn will wash all away,
Feel the sand of new lands betwixt your toes,
On the corals of time,
Let's write a new song,
A song of ecstasy and bliss,
The song of new found love

You and I, let's surf this wave,
Let's immerse our hearts in the waters of love's tide,
Let's sail away to lands unknown,
The lands our hearts' maps call ' NEW LOVELAND'

No comments:

Post a Comment